Tracking Android Devices
Your android device can be transformed into GPS tracker with abbotrack-GPS-tracker application which can be downloaded from Here
How to start using my smartphone as GPS device?
- Download abbotrack-GPS-tracker application – Here
- Install and start application on your device;
- Create abbotrack Client account – Here
- Add your device to your abbotrack account. Enter your device “Name” and “IMEI” number – (IMEI number can be found by dialling *#06# on your phone)
- Make sure GPS and Internet connection is activated on device;
- Click “Start tracking” in abbotrack-GPS-tracker application on your device;
- Wait for the device to get a satellite fix, this can take some time (and is best achieved outdoors with clear sky);
- After some minutes you will see location of your device;
- If you want better battery life, set the tracking interval to at least 60-120 seconds.
Available commands for Android GPS-tracker
- tracking_start – Starts device tracking;
- tracking_stop – Stops device tracking;
- interval,10 – Sets location sending interval to server. This command sets it to 10 seconds. Lowest interval is 5 seconds;
- cmd_interval,120 – Sets command check interval. This command sets it to 120 seconds. Lowest interval is 60 seconds.
Application control using commands
Starting from Abbotrack-GPS-tracker 2.2 version there is possibility to send some basic commands to device and change application settings. In order to use this feature “Command control” must be enabled on your device in Abbotrack-GPS-tracker application. Device will check and execute new commands every 120 seconds (default interval).
- Login to your Abbotrack Client account;
- In top panel find command prompt icon near map selection;
- For example we want to stop tracking, enter command name, it can be “Stop Tracking”;
- As command select “ASCII” and enter “tracking_stop”;
- Select your object and click “Send”;
- Now command is sent for execution and once device receives – it will be executed;
- Command delivery period depends from “Command check interval” setting on your device.