In order to ensure that an Intruder Alarm system remains reliable, it is vital that it is maintained regularly. Listed below are a selection of the checks that are carried out by us during a routine inspection:
- Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service.
- Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage.
- Check mains power supply including charging rates.
- Check battery power supply including charging rates.
- Check and Walk Test all detectors.
- Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons.
- Check and test all audible warning devices – sirens, speakers.
- Check and test remote signalling equipment (where appropriate).
- Make adjustments as necessary.
- Repair any minor faults (where possible).
- Log all test results.
- Return the alarm system to operational status.
- Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required).
Intruder alarms systems should be regularly serviced to check all detection devices perform as required, warning devices operate correctly, communications devices signal correctly and that all batteries and power supplies are measured for operation and efficiency. We check that your circumstances have not changed since your original system design, we give you the best advice and make sure that your are still 100% competent with using your system.